PyraCloud Reporting offers an easy way to create reports based on data stored in PyraCloud.
- Report Wizard – to create and update report configurations – please read this dedicated article on Report Wizard
- Scheduled Reports – to access defined report configurations
- Reports History – where generated reports can be find
- Quick Reports – to quickly create new reports
- On Page reporting – to create and run reports directly from PyraCloud pages
PyraCloud Reporting allows to create single run reports (Run Once) and recurring (e.g. monthly) ones (Scheduled).
Access to the Reporting components is restricted to authorized users and depends on their roles. In addition, each report type has its own specific permission.
Reports are generated with their creators’ permissions.
You can find Scheduled report configurations (for your company) on the Scheduled Reports view. You can edit, run, pause, resume, preview and delete reports.
To open Scheduled Reports, navigate to Analyze -> Scheduled.
You can show, hide and change the order of the columns.
- Name – name of the report
- Frequency – shows if this is a Daily, Weekly or Monthly report, see Schedule.
- Off means that recurrence for the report is not yet defined (this is only possible when the report has been created using old reporting)
- Status – shows whether the report generation is turned on (Running) or generation has been paused (Paused)
- Delivery Method – shows how generated reports will be delivered, see also Report delivery method
- Next Report – shows time of next report generation
- Last Report – shows last report generation time (in local time zone)
- Last Modified – shows date and time of last update of the report configuration (in local time zone)
- Created – shows date and time of the report configuration creation (in local time zone)
- Group and Type – group and type of the report
- Render type – information about output format of the report, see Report Output Formats
- Recipients – list of email recipients (for Email delivery method only)
- Template – shows which template (if any) has been selected for the report
- Actions – list of actions for a report
For more information about grid functionality (like sorting, filtering, grouping or showing/hiding columns) see the Grid Functionality section.
You can update scheduled report configuration (except its group and type) in the Report Wizard – please read this dedicated article on Report Wizard.
You can trigger scheduled report at any time. After the report is generated, it will automatically download. Like any other generated report, it will also be available in Reports History. Triggering reports manually doesn’t impact its next generation time (nor will it update its last execution time in Last Report).
To run a report click Download in the Actions column.
You can pause (or resume) a generating report. The status of a report (whether it is Running or Paused) is visible in Status.
To pause or resume a report click (…) in the Actions column and click Pause (to pause the generating report) or Resume (to re-activate the paused report).
You can delete a scheduled report configuration. Deleted reports can’t be recovered. Removing the scheduled report configuration does not remove reports which have already been generated (which can be found in Reports History).
To delete a report configuration, click (…) in the Actions column and click Delete. Then click Delete scheduled report in the confirmation dialog.
In the Reports History view, you can find generated reports (Scheduled and Run Once). You can download, send, delete or edit name of a report.
To open Reports History, navigate to Analyze -> History. On pages supporting “On Page” reporting you can also click Exports and click Go to My Reports.
You can show, hide and change the order of the columns.
- Report Name – name of the report
- Report Type – output format of the report
- Time Requested – approximate time when the report has been requested
- Scheduled – information whether it is Scheduled or Run Once report
- Status – status of the report:
- Queued – the report is queued for generation
- Processing – the report is being generated
- Ready – the report has been generated and can be downloaded (see Download a report)
- Report Ready – SFTP Failed – the report has been generated but there was an issue when sending it to configured sFTP server. The report can be manually downloaded or resend to an sFTP, see: Send a report to sFTP
- No Data – generated report contains no data
- Error – there was an unexpected error during report generation
- Error – Bad Configuration – there was an error in the report configuration at the time of running it. User shall check the report configuration and fix issue
- No permissions – the report couldn’t be generated because user has no longer permissions to data
- File Name – file name of the report (visible only for generated reports)
- File Size – size of the generated report file (visible only for generated reports)
- Recipients – list of recipients of the report (for Email delivery method only, see Report delivery method)
- Actions – list of actions for a reports
For more information about grid functionalities (like sorting, filtering, grouping or showing/hiding columns) see the Grid Functionaly section.
You can also perform certain actions on multiple reports at once. To select reports, click on the checkboxes in the first column (information about number of selected reports can be found just above the grid), to select all reports click Select All, to clear selection click Clear Selection. When at least one report is selected, Actions (located above the grid) will be enabled.
To download a generated report, click Download in the Actions column.
To download multiple reports at once, select up to ten reports, click Actions (above the grid), and click Download.
To send a report via email, click (…) in the Actions column and click Email. In opened dialog, enter email addresses (separated by semicolon), select whether the report shall be send as Attachment or Link and click Send.
You can send a report directly to an sFTP (secure FTP) server.
To send a report to sFTP, click (…) in the Actions column and click sFTP. Select an sFTP server from the list and click Use Selected Server.
If needed, you can add a new sFTP configuration or edit an existing one. See sFTP Configuration section for more details.
To copy or move reports to a zip archive (e.g. to download or send them later), select up to ten reports, click Actions (above the grid) and click Copy to zip File or Move to zip File. If Move to zip File has been selected, the moved reports will be automatically deleted (only zip file with the reports will still be available).
You can delete a generated report. Deleted reports can’t be recovered.
To delete a report click (…) in the Actions column and click Delete. In the opened dialog, click Delete report.
To delete multiple reports, select them all, click Actions (above the grid) and click Delete.
You can update a generated report name and file name. Updating a generated report name does not change the scheduled report name based on which the report has been generated.
To update a report or file name click (…) in the Actions column and click Edit. Update the values and click Update.
To report an issue with a report click Report the problem in the Actions column, enter a description and click Submit.
Quick Reports allow you to quickly create new reports using the Report Wizard, which will be opened with pre-defined filters (by default, Quick Reports are Run Once reports).
To open Quick Reports, navigate to Analyze -> Quick Reports.
To create a Quick Report, select a report type and click Create – this will open the Report Wizard at the Delivery step. You can go back to any of the previous steps to make modifications or just click Finish.
On some PyraCloud pages, it is possible to create new reports (Run Once and Scheduled) directly from the page. You can find Exports (top right) on pages which supports On Page reporting.
To create a report using “On Page” reporting, click Exports and click on a report type you require or click on the Create / Schedule Report option.
On Page reporting offers a simplified editor for defining new report configuration. If needed, you can easily continue to report configuration in the Report Wizard.
All users have permission to this component.
In an On Page reporting form, you can select Format (see Report Output Format), schedule (see Schedule) and data date range (see Date Range), select a Template, update default name and set delivery method (see Report Delivery Method).
To create a report click Run.
If more advanced settings are needed, you can continue report creation in Report Wizard.
To open the Wizard click Go to Advanced Reporting (at the bottom of the form), and you will be transferred to the Wizard. Report creation in the Report Wizard is only available for some report types.
The following report configuration options are common for Report Wizard and On Page reporting.
Most of the reports can be generated in various formats (available formats depend on a report type).
Additional options are available for some formats:
- CSV Delimiter – you can select a delimiter that will be used for CSV files
- Max Files per Archive – you can select the maximum number of files per archive (if there are more files, multiple zip files will be created)
- CIF Headers – the headers can be configured in the “Type” step in the Report Wizard
To add a CIF Header click Add New CIF Header (the new header will be added at the top).
To update the Key or Value of a CIF Header, click on the cell and update the value.
To delete a CIF Header, click Delete in Actions column.
You can create a Run Once report (that will be executed only once, and its configuration won’t be saved in Scheduled Reports), or a Scheduled report (with a recurrence type like daily or monthly, and its configuration will be saved in Scheduled Reports). Available recurrence types depend on the selected report type.
The Run Once option is for reports that you want to run only once (no new report definition will be created, so you will not be able to open or edit the configuration later).
For Scheduled reports, you can select how many days/weeks/months the report should be run (available options depend on the selected report type), as well as what time, and the duration.
To help to validate if the selected recurrence configuration is correct, information about the report’s next run time will be displayed.
Select how often a report shall be generated
To select how often a report shall be generated, first select one of the recurrence types, e.g. Daily, Weekly or Monthly, and then enter a number of how often you want the report to run in the Every field e.g. to run a report every two weeks.
Additional options for selected recurrence types:
- Daily – you can select whether reports should also be generated on weekends, by checking Include weekends
- Weekly – you can select on which days of a week the report should be generated. To select a day, click on Days of the week. The example below shows a report that will be generated on each Monday and Thursday
- Monthly – you can select a specific day of month or e.g. First Weekday
Select at what time of day a report shall be generated
To choose the time of day a report should be generated, select the Time and Time Zone. Your local time zone is selected by default (except on IE11 due to the browser’s limitations).
To set when the report generation should start, enter a date in Starting from.
By default, a report will have no end date and will be set to Run forever. To set and end date, click on the button next to Run forever to switch it to a date field and enter a date in the until field.
Some report types allow you to select the data’s date range(s) for the report (Scheduled and Run Once).
For Scheduled reports, the data’s date range would be set to the same as the report’s run dates.
To help validate if the selected date range(s) are correct, information about the report’s next run time, with date range, will be displayed.
You can select one of the pre-defined values from Date Range, like Last Month (which means last calendar month) or Current Year, or you can set a period of time manually selecting Choose Date Range.
- 2 Weeks(s) – means last 14 days counting from the date of a report execution
- 1 Day(s) – means one day before the date of the report execution
For Run Once reports, you can select one of the predefined ranges or select the dates manually.
Allows you to select a delivery method for generated reports. Only one method can be selected, but all generated reports are also available in Reports History.
This is the default delivery method. Generated report will be available to download from Reports History.
The option allows you to send generated reports to an e-mail addresses.
To set email as the delivery method, click Email, enter the email address in To and CC (separated by semicolon).
You can also select the maximum attachment size and select whether the report should be send as an attachment, or if only a link to it shall be added to a message.
To send the report to an sFTP (secure FTP), click on sFTP and select one of existing configuration or create new one. See sFTP configuration
To add a new sFTP configuration click Add New sFTP. In the opened dialog, fill in the fields and click Create.
To update an sFTP configuration, click Edit in Actions column. In opened dialog update fields and click Update.
You can delete an sFTP configuration if it is not used in any of Scheduled reports.
To delete an sFTP configuration, click Delete in Actions column and then click OK in confirmation dialog.
PyraCloud grids allow you to select which columns should be displayed, and in what order. Filtering and grouping data or selecting how many rows should be visible on a single page.
To show or hide a column, click Customize (just above the grid, on the right), and click on a column name.
To reorder columns, drag a column header and drop it into its new position.
To sort data by column values, click on a column’s header. To change the order click on the columns header again. Third click turns off sorting. An arrow (up or down) next to the column’s header name indicates if and what sorting is applied. It is only possible to sort by one column at the time.
You can set up to two filters for a single column. To filter data in a column, click on a filter icon in the column’s header.
To group data in the grid, drag a column header and drop it just above the columns’ headers. You can group data using multiple columns and can change order of grouping by changing order of labels (using drag & drop). To change the sorting of a group, click on the label – a small arrow will indicate the direction of sorting. To remove grouping, click x next to the group name.
To change the number of rows visible on a page, select one of the values in Show (just above the grid).