Software Downloads is a module in PyraCloud where you can download the software packages SoftwareONE provides. Along with this you can upload your own files/ packages to the cloud storage, add metadata around those files (e.g. bundle several files into a package, give it a name, define which Publisher it is, which software, which version etc), and then distribute those packages to end users/colleagues.
Login to PyraCloud via https://portal.softwareone.com
Go to Manage >Software Downloads
This will open the Software Downloads page as shown below:
A collection is an isolated storage space. Once the collection is created, you can upload all your packages/files and distribute those to other users via email or through PyraCloud.
Click on the “Upload” tab and then “Create Collection”.
Provide the name of your collection and click “Save”
You will then be taken to the below page wherein you can start uploading your files:
A package is a bundle of one or more files with additional descriptive metadata attached. Once the collection is created, you can see “Start your upload process” button.
Clicking on this will take you to a new page with an upload form.
You can create and upload more than one package to a collection by following the steps:
- Click on the “Start your upload process” button as shown above
- Select your collection from the dropdown, and click on the “Next” button
- Provide a Package Name, Package Description and click “Next”
- The following page asks you to provide Package Metadata (Information about the package / file you are going to upload)
- You can also add additional fields to your package
- Click on “Next”
- The following page allows you to select files from your local file system (“Choose Files” button)
- Click on “Next” to proceed
- Clicking on the next button will take you to review page where you can review your details
- Click “Next” to create and upload the package
- You can also see the upload progress
You can search for a packaging by clicking on the “Search” tab
In the “Collection” filter, select your collection and click on “Search”
This will show all packagesthat have been uploaded to this collection.
From here, you can either go to the download page or email the link to it as shown below:
Click on “Download” under the action column. This will open a pop-up window where you can specify the number of downloads you want.
Once you click on the ok button, you will be redirected to another screen where you can download the package.
Click on “Email” option from action column.
You will get a pop up window, wherein you can define the duration link will be valid for and number of available downloads.
Clicking ok will open an email with a link to the package. This link can be shared with your colleagues.
Customers can send this link to anyone in their organization. The person is accessing the link does not need to have a PyraCloud account for accessing the media link as it uses a unique access key.
History tab lists all uploads and downloads performed. You filter the content by user name, what was downloaded and when.