Dashboards are the starting point of the PyraCloud portal. When you first log in, you will either land on the Procurement dashboard by default, or if you have a previously saved favourite dashboard, you will land there. You can also select from pre-defined dashboard templates.
The Dashboard mainly consists of components called “tiles” and every tile displays different information such as:
- They may display data about your preferred statistic (number of invoices, orders, quotes etc.)
- They can have shortcuts to different PyraCloud modules (or a user-defined URL)
- They can display your company logo
- They may include data charts for example Cloud Consumption
- They may include important information about the platform such as recent updates and scheduled maintenance
Each Tile can have multiple functionalities (e.g. they can display data and act as a shortcut). You can also configure the size and how data is displayed in certain tiles.
When you first log in you are greeted with following screen:
The default dashboard is the “Procurement” Dashboard which is one of the pre-defined dashboards you have access to.
The Dashboards consists of several components:
Description of components:
- Dashboard Dropdown List – When you click on the arrow, it will expand a list of all user-created dashboards and pre-defined dashboards that are available to you
- Edit Dashboard – This will enable you to customize your dashboard
- Make Default – If you click on this option, it will set your current dashboard as your starting default dashboard. This will then be the dashboard you will land on when you first log into PyraCloud.
- Help and Training – Contains a list of useful support links
- Tile Area – this area displays all of the current tiles and data
Currently there are 2 pre-defined dashboards available for every user:
Each one is a pre-defined workspace with a set of tiles and shortcuts specific to either Finance or Procurement.
Additionally, there are a further 2 pre-defined dashboards available depending on your permissions:
- Software Asset Management (SAM)– available to users who have purchased SAMSimple
- Cloud – available to user who have purchased Cloud Spend Management
Pre-defined dashboards can always be selected from the dropdown as shown above.
Besides the pre-defined dashboards, you can also create and manage your own dashboard. You can create, customize, update and delete dashboards based on your preferences. The list of dashboards you have created is available in the drop down as shown below:
To customize a dashboard, click on the “Edit this Dashboard” button.
This will open the dashboard in edit mode as shown below:
Tiles can be added to a dashboard by using the “Add a Tile” section that displays on the right (as shown in the screenshot above).
The Tile Picker contains all the tiles available.
You can also search for tiles by:
- Filtering by text (in the “Search” text box) – typing text into this field will filter the tile list so it only shows the tiles with the text entered (it is case insensitive and requires min. 3 characters).
- Filtering by Tile Type (the category to which the tile belongs) – Selecting an option from the “Tile Type” dropdown will only show tiles from that category.
To add a tile to your dashboard, you simply click it. The tile will then be placed in the first available space on the dashboard.
To remove a tile from your dashboard, click on the “Remove” button on the side of the tile. If the tile is too small to accommodate the full button, there will only be a “trash can” icon.
If a tile can be configured, it will have “Configure” button or “cogwheel” icon visible in Edit Mode:
Clicking one of these will open the Configuration options for the tile:
Every tile has different configuration options relevant to the function it serves. As noted before, it is possible to have multiple instances of the same tile with different configurations (for example: Invoices for last month and Invoices for last six months).
Most of the tiles can be resized from their default size. To resize, simply drag the border of the tile and resize as needed.
To move a tile, simply drag the whole tile to move it.
After your customized dashboard is fully configured, it must be saved in order for it to be available in the drop down menu.
You will need to give your dashboard a name and then simply click “Save”. If a dashboard with that name already exists, an error message will be displayed and you will need to try a different name:
If there is no data for a specific tile, you will see a message in the tile as shown below:
Tiles displaying data offer more detail when clicked. When clicking on the tile you will either be:
- Redirected to the feature containing more detailed information (example: SAM License Manager opened for “Licenses at Risk” tile)
- See a popup window with more detailed information as shown below: